Yoga Mat FAQs
A good yoga mat can provide high stability and an anti-slip effect so that you can ensure the stability and precision of your movements during yoga exercises, while fitness mats are mainly used to absorb shock and protect joints, so when choosing, usually choose a soft and elastic mat with a thickness of more than 10mm.
With the aid of a yoga mat, we can avoid direct contact with the hard and cold floor. The softness and elasticity of the mat can reduce the pressure on the body touching the ground, reduce the burden on the joints and muscles, and make it easier for you to maintain the correct posture.
Yoga mats often have a non-slip surface, which allows you to stand and move more securely while practicing yoga, reducing the risk of slips and falls. This is very important for movements and postures that require balance. Especially for novices whose body is not flexible enough, they absolutely need a high-quality yoga mat.
In addition to doing yoga training, you can also lay a mat in a quiet corner of your home for stretching or meditation, helping us gain peace of mind in our busy daily life.
- Anti-slip property: The good anti-slip effect can help yogis to master various movements stably. Slipping mats will not only reduce the effect of practice but also may cause various degrees of physical injury.
- Thickness: The thicker the mat, the better the support for the joint muscles. When doing elbow support or kneeling, there will be less discomfort touching the hard floor, but the thicker the mat, the less stable it will be. In contrast, experienced yogis, after improving their body control ability, can choose a mat that is a little thinner by 3mm-5mm to reduce the instability caused by too thick mats.
- Grip: The grip mentioned here is the friction between the mat and the floor. If there is no good grip, the practice may be unstable, unable to relax, which affects concentration, and cannot continue to practice postures.
- Size: The general yoga mat size is 24” x 68” (60 x 173 cm) and 24” x 72”(60 x 183 cm). But if you have a taller or wider body, you can consider choosing a longer and wider mat.
- Environmentally friendly materials: Try to choose environmentally friendly materials that are friendly to the earth. Decomposable or recyclable materials are good choices. Using environmentally friendly yoga mats can also be responsible for environmental protection while exercising.
Please clean it according to the product manual at the time of purchase. Generally speaking, after each exercise, dip a towel in clean water and wring it out then clean the mat, and store it after it dries naturally.
Here is a reminder, do not expose it to the sun, because many materials are not heat-resistant, direct sunlight will make the mat crack and deform, and it will also affect the life of the yoga mat.
It is recommended that beginners choose a mat with a thickness of at least 5~6mm to feel more secure.
The folding design saves time and effort when storing and unfolding the mat. When unfolding, both ends of the mat will not be warped. It is easy to carry and saves storage space. It can also be folded to the height you want according to different needs. Going out for camping or mountaineering or a picnic, if you unfold it arbitrarily, it will become a good place where you can sit and lie down.